When Life Hands You Lemons...Make No Bake Lemon Cheesecakes.

Monday 18 March 2013

I've been wanting to experiment with cheesecake for quite a while, so I have been searching for an easy recipe to get me started. Up until recently, I never liked the taste of lemon but something has changed in a massive way! It's such a light and refreshing flavour, and it's a little taste of spring in spite of the snow that is still falling in our garden. (I'm not best pleased about it as you might be able to tell.) Anyway, I recently came across a blog post written by one of the contestants of a past series of The Great British Bake Off for 'Quick Lemon Cheesecake.' Read it here.

I slightly adapted it to suit what was in our fridge, and it tasted just as yummy as if I'd done it properly I'm sure! Now, I did completely guess all of my quantities so feel free to use a bit of artistic license with this to suit the taste you want! They really are so, so easy to make and were done in about 5 minutes (minus the cooling time.) They are so fresh and not too heavy, a perfect dinner party dessert.

Individual No-Bake Lemon Cheesecakes

Equipment

- Small pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- 5 Small dessert bowls

Ingredients

For the base:

- 1/2 pack - 200g of Digestive Biscuits
- 50g Butter (I used margarine)

For the topping:

- 200g Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese
- Approx 50g Icing Sugar/Confectioners Sugar
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon

Method:

1) Crush the digestive biscuits in a bag using a small rolling pin until they are a fine crumb.

2) Melt the butter in a pan and add in the crushed biscuits.

3) Spoon the biscuit mixture into your individual bowls and press down using a teaspoon until firm. Leave to set in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

4) Whilst the bases are cooling, put the cream cheese into the mixing bowl and give it a quick mix with the wooden spoon.

5) Add in the icing sugar, the zest of the lemon and a bit of juice at a time until it is as sweet or as lemony as you would like.

6) Lick the spoon.

7) Then, take the bowls out of the fridge and spoon the mixture onto the top of the bases and put back in the fridge for a further 30 minutes to set (if you can wait that long.)

8) Decorate as you please! I chose blueberries. Yum.




Much Love xxx



Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments here...